Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally... Our baby update and more!

WOW! Am I behind or what!?!
On August 21, 2009 we welcomed our sweet baby girl, Elliot Jayne Webster. She was born @ 11:22 pm, and has been awake ever since. :) Ha ha j/k.

Home coming!
We left the hospital and came home to nearly the ENTIRE Webster gang! Which for those of you who aren't aware, I think there are like 80 + of us now... :) J/K But there is a lot! Her aunts were anxious to snuggle her and her uncles scared to death (with the exception of James). :)
Week 1: She slept SO much, at one point we thought something was wrong! Nana was here (my mom) to help take care of both of us, and that was so nice. I don't know what I would have done without her! As a brand new mom I felt crazy! I could hardly sleep, I wanted to watch her every second. Literally just look at her, and when I was so tired that all I could do was sleep I would close my eyes and still see her. :) Motherhood is nothing I expected it to be, and better than I could have imagined.

Week 2: ROAD TRIP!!! Yes we're crazy! Elliot and I packed up and went to Cali, with Nana, to meet the rest of the fam. I was an emotional disaster still from the chaos that was my hormones and I missed my hubby SO much! He missed us like crazy too, but we are greatful for his sacrifice to be without us, so that my family could get to know our sweet baby girl! Her aunts Erika, Abby, and Hannah just love her. Her cousin Bailey does too! Even though she was SO afraid that Elliot was going to drool on her! LOL. She also got to meet her greats! Great Grandma and Grandpa Urry although she still doesn't know it yet, because she was asleep the whole time. :)
Week 3: AIRPLANE!!! We jetted back to Utah to see daddy! She did so great! It was like any other nap time to her! It was a great reunion to see Jake.
Also in week 3 reality sets in. No more Nana. I'm a mom. Jake's a dad, and Elliot is our precious responsibility.
She's now 2 and 1/2 months old and is just the funnest thing ever! She's got super strength! She loves to stand holding onto our fingers, and when laying down on her bobby, she's now trying to sit up all by herself.
She's SO smiley! Just happy all the time! Okay not ALL the time, but most of it! She's in the 98% for her weight! 76% for her height and 68% for her head. :) She's a healthy happy baby!
In other news:
Jake started his new job as a property manager for a subsidized apartment complex in Provo and so far so good! He likes his job and we are both so greatful he has it! Thanks again Lyndsie for the recommendation!
Now I'm going to try to figure out how to post a slide show, so you can all see pictures of our life as it has changed in the past 2 months...

3 comments:

  1. I love the pics. She is such a babe! You sound like you are doing great ans are sooo happy! Congrats again on your ADORABLE family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, it is good to hear everything is going good for you guys. Your baby is adorable! She is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. about time you updated your blog geeez.
    Hope you're enjoying the new job Jake!
    I'm going to go look at your slide show now :)

    ReplyDelete