Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's a girl! Well, it will be in August... :)

Abby would like you all to know that she was right! ---and 5 others as well, at least according to the poll. Jake and I went in last week for our ultrasound and we got to see our little baby girl! She was pretty stubborn about the whole thing though. It was pretty amazing, while she was squirming around on the monitor I could feel all of her little squirms this time! She gave us some great pictures too, we got a great one of her sucking her thumb and another of her finishing up a great big yawn, in which she stretched her right arm out as she tilted her head back and opened her mouth for a nice big yawn. As far as finding out if she was a boy or a girl--- She was being pretty tricky! If her hand wasn't right in the way it was the umbilical chord she was holding! After about an hour of investigation the woman doing our ultrasound said that there was no evidence of any male parts and that we were having a girl! Jake and I are both so excited! This time is flying by and she'll be here before we know it!

In other news...

Sean (our brother in law) bought a hunting rifle this weekend and is cradling it right now like baby (unloaded of course) but he hasn't put it down since he got it. :) Boys and their toys...

Abby and I tried to be sneaky about making Easter baskets for our husbands and had a plan that while Abby distracted them I would run and hide them upstairs, but I had only made it up TWO steps when I froze in a laugh attack, I couldn't move and could hardly breathe I was laughing so hard! Abby--- laughing and screaming at me to "GO" only made me laugh harder....

We're headed to Utah on the 22nd of this month! YAY!!! We'll get to spend a few days with family and friends, and we are just really looking forward to the break!

McCall is really beginning to melt and thank goodness! I'm craving some warmth and sunlight!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's too funny! Ashton was kind of shy about showing off his parts too. Don't worry, it becomes much more obvious the bigger they get, thank goodness! I still think Ashton actually looks like his ultrasound pictures. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im very excited for our "girl's time"!! Im so happy for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I true Utah Mormon style, I really like D' Rayela...that way you get parts of both my first & middle names. Way better than Jefferina!

    ReplyDelete