Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow trees and Camelot

Well the festivities continue with the McCall Winter Carnival this week. Jake and I took a walk on Friday night from our apartment down to the Payette Lake where we watched a pretty cool fireworks show over the lake. People were standing out on the frozen lake! CRAZY! But I'm not going to lie I kind of wanted to run out there... :) Anyway, Jake and I walked around and listened to some of the local entertainment and watched people gather around a HUGE bonfire, and then we walked back home. Probably not the smartest idea with my back being in not the best condition but we made it home. We made Saturday afternoon our picture taking day and it's just crazy how a camera (unless your name is Ben Leavitt) just can't seem to capture the beauty of these sculpures~! On Saturday we had dinner at the carnival. Jake had a giant turkey leg, I had a cup of noodles, and we shared a funnel cake. YUM! The carnival was a blast and we think you should all come visit us next year, this time! The pictures I am posting are all of the "amateur" artists sculptures the "professional" snow sculpture building begins Tuesday and I'll try to get some pics before we leave for Utah on Wednesday. That's it for now, enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

  1. oh great..is this not your dream right now? I bet you're excited to see what Christmas is like there..

    awesome sculptures, me and sean will definitely have to shoot for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how amazing. Sounds like you guys are having fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those snow sculptures are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O wow, you are in your own little winter wonderland!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete