Friday, February 27, 2009

Heart Beat

So the past few nights I've been experiencing some chest pain coupled with some other not fun pains in my back and jaw and arms etc... but the other night it was bad enough that it woke me up and got me a little worried. I called to set up a Dr. appointment but things run a little slower here and they said they would call me back in a 2-3 days to set that up for me. So Jake and I did a little research on line and decided to be safe and head on in to the local ER. After running some blood work and an EKG we found out that I am indeed pregnant, and that's it! :) The EKG came back good and so did all of my blood work, the Dr. pretty much told me that my ligaments are losening up and that is what is causing the discomfort... *Sigh* What a relief! Then right before we left she decided to just check for the babies heart beat because at this stage we'd all likely be able to hear it. She found IT (which means UNO baby) right away, :) I can still hear the fast swooshing little beat in my head. This is all pretty amazing and we can hardly wait to meet this little baby!

7 comments:

  1. Did they do an ultrasound or just use the dolper? Unless they did a ultrasound they always could have missed a second heartbeat!!! :)
    Isn't that just so neat to hear the little heart beat?? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, by the way you spelled Zac's name wrong (no "h") but I will forgive you if you fix it. :) (I still want those pictures, so dang cute!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa...pretty intense. Im glad everything is okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I am so happy for you. being pregnant is such an awesome experience. I love it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so fun! Keep in mind those ligament pains will only get worse as you get bigger! Sorry to be the one to break it to you! Enjoy every moment! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! I remember hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It's such a sweet moment. O boy, ligament pain is no fun. But worth it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, sometimes twins' heart beats can be so in sync with each other that it only sounds like one heart beat. ;)

    ReplyDelete