Thursday, January 22, 2009

That's right... McCall Idaho

Well, the past two weeks have been a complete blur! Last week Jake and I took a little trip up to Idaho to do two things. 1-We had the priveledge of staying in the "Abigail Manor" ---Abby & Sean's new place that is absolutely gorgeous! 2- We, had an interview with an eye doctor up in McCall (90 miles north of Boise). Abby and Sean were kind enough to come up to McCall with us which made the drive much better to have the company. Abby used an actual outhouse on the way up! I knew you were all wondering. Sean gave us the tour of the area, because of his familiarity to it coming up here for camping in the summers. It's beautiful up here! A little like Park City, but I think even better. There is the beautiful Payette ( I think that's the name of it anyway) lake at the edge of the town, and huge pine trees up here, lots that are still strung with white Christmas lights. The town is gearing up for the winter carnival, which has become a pretty big deal. More than 100,000 people will drive through this little town to see the incredible snow sculptures. It's been pretty cool to watch them start to build them this week. Check out mccallwintercarnival.com. So to back up a little bit, last week Jake and I both worked all week and tried to pack as much as we could because we accepted the job. We will be working for Dr. Randy Norris and his wife Leah. They are such good people! It is going to be a really great opportunity for us! We love it up here! The people are SO friendly! I find myself not trusting it a little... For instance, everyone waves at you when you drive by them! EVERYONE! At first I think---umm do they know me? But of course they don't know me! We've only been here for 4 days! They just like to wave and say hi and hold the door open for you and invite you to activities, etc. It's great! Feels like Texas but with mountains and snow--- aka Heaven. The accounting company that handles Family Eye Centers stuff is just right next door, and Frannie who works for them has come over every morning to get our daily reports etc. Well, yesterday she came in after the Dr. and his wife had left and she said, "I keep meaning to introduce myself, I'm Frannie and I am the Relief Society in the 1st ward..." That's right there are TWO wards up here, woo hoo! Anyway she invited me to enrichment tonight, and told me that the ward starts at 9am on Sundays---ugh. So, I'm going to go socialize tonight. Should be fun hopefully, it's been weird getting into being in a family ward again after so many years of singles wards. :) This weekend I'll run around and take lots of pictures to post for you all to see. Wildlife: We see foxes everywhere (real ones Sean!), and yesterday on the way to work we drove next to a herd of elk---beautiful! That's the latest! Oh yes, and we don't have a mailing address yet because we have to get a PO box up here because they don't deliver to street addresses and also my cell doesn't have any service up here so feel free to call me at work and we'll keep you updated on any changes.
Family Eye Center 208-634-2020

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited things are looking so good for you! I'm gonna try to convince Dallin that we want to move up there to be by you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! I am soo glad you have a blog! I love blogs, such a great way to keep in touch with everyone! I'm sad I didn't get to see you before you left! Well sounds like everything is going wonderfully for you two! Last year I went to a camping place up in McCall for my in-law's girls retreat. Very beautiful up there. Some of Adam's family lives in Nampa, ID. Well keep up on the posts and if your ever in Utah, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog!!! Thanks for telling me!!!;) Watch for a invite to ours!!! I tried to send one a couple of times but I don't think it worked. By the way I have been meaning to tell you that Lexie is not very happy that you moved!!! She was sad when I told her that is why we had the party on Saturday. She misses you already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sure gonna miss you guys! I hope you LOVE your new job, house, ward, life.... LOVE you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that I was able to finally see your blog. I hope that all goes well for you at your new job and in your new town! Good Luck and cant wait to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What will Provo do without you?! I was wondering what took you two to Idaho! I know where McCall is... I lived in Boise for a summer and that was kind of the "Park City" of the area. Eric & I were driving the other night, and wanted to get the update from you guys. We'll have to chat soon. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is why blogs are so wonderful...if you hadn't posted about your move I probably wouldn't have known about it for months:) Congrats and can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will miss you, but congrates maybe you guys can settle down and start your own life together. Not in limbo anymore!

    ReplyDelete